2023 Resolutions and ReadingRead Now
2023 New Years Resolutions and Reading: TBR List for 2023...This Far!
As it is well know the new year is just around the corner, in the most terrifying way possible we are on to another year. Where did the year go? I’m not saying this year was bad, but as I get older (UGH) it seems that the years just FLY ON BY. Until we create a way to stop aging or reverse time, we are all going to have to deal with the new year approaching.
SO WHAT BETTER WAY THEN DECIDING ON WHAT BOOKS TO READ!!!
I am currently in the worst slump ever when it comes to reading. I have so many options but I feel like I have no time… so as part of a new years resolution I will attempted to tackle my ever growing TBR list.
My TBR list is full of many genres but I usually enjoy the fantasy and supernatural stuff. A good thriller or mystery is always a great one too. But I would like to expand… and add new genera’s to my collections. ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!
Without anymore delays here are the books I intend to read for 2023!!!
*disclaimer they will not be in any specific order*
1.A Touch of Darkness By Scarllet St.Clair - I love the story of Persephone and Hades. And this retelling is very interesting. Its a spicy book which will be a nice and warm for the winter.
2. Hooked By Emily McIntire- Another version of a retelling. Interested to see how this one is as I am not a super fan of Peter Pan from the Disney films but I never read the original story. I hold no judgment until this book has been finished. Emily has read it and says it’s good.
3. The Colorado Kid by Stephen King - this one is on the TBR because I am/ was obsessed with the television show Haven in which this book provided some inspiration. I know that it will not be the same as the show but I want to know where the creators got their ideas from.
4. The King of Crows By Libby Bray - I am a fan of her work and loved her recent series. I read her other series and was amazed by it. This book has been out since 2020 but I held off because its the last and final book. Its gonna be amazing and sad and all the feels.
These are the book for now, I have more believe me but I want to start small, get me outta the slump before I get too ambitious! As I was writing this Emily texted me. Yes as sister we do communicated over other thing but Ironically this is about books still. I swear we are actual sisters.
Any who she wanted to add her book choices too for her 2023 TBR List. She is a much faster reader than me and has a massive amount of books that she lovingly calls “smut mountain” please do with that information as you will.
Emily’s List is as followed and again in no particular order.
1.Alice Take Back Wonderland-byDavid D. Hammons
2.Jabberwocky: Tales from Wonderland - by S. Cinders
3. Romeo and / or Juliet: A chooseable-path adventure - By Ryan North
4. Twisted Love by Ana Huang
These are some of our options for the start of the new year. How about you? Any books that you are looking forward to reading? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Leave a Reply.
Emily Stone & Diana Bloom were born to Italian immigrants who traversed the Atlantic from Italy to Toronto in the 1950s and 1960s. They both reside in Toronto, Canada, and have a passion for travel, crafts, fashion, makeup artistry, and literature. Writing has always been an important creative outlet, and they hope to help readers escape the mundane. A World Divided is their first novel.